To pay homage to the most winning partnership in motorsports - TAG Heuer and McLaren Mercedes - the Manufacture is launching a stunning new chronograph. The in-house Calibre 1887 powers the chronograph, which has a 43mm case in polished steel, a rubber strap with a special race tire tread design, a black ceramic bezel marked with “MCLAREN 1974 EDITION,” as a tribute to the team’s 40th anniversary, and a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal caseback sports the 1974 McLaren logo. Stunning symbol of excellence.
- Silver opalin (white) dial with 3 counters:
- Hand-applied ring around counters
- Hand-applied black gold Arabic numerals
- Polished hour and minute hands with black SLN
- Orange tip on black chronograph counters’ hands
- Orange central chronograph hand
- Polished running second hand
- Hand-applied TAG Heuer logo
- “CARRERA – Cal. 1887” lettering on the dial
- Hand-applied black gold date window at 3 o’clock
- Scratch-resistant curved sapphire crystal with double antireflective treatment
- Unscratchable ceramic bezel with tachymeter scale and specific “McLAREN 1974 EDITION” engraving
- Scratch resistant sapphire caseback with specific 1974 McLAREN logo and 40th anniversary engraving
- Water resistance: 100 metersDescription
TAG Heuer Calibre 1887 . Swiss Made. Automatic calibre. Diameter: 29.3 mm (13''') — 39 rubies. Rapid date correction.
Balance frequency: 28.800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz). Power reserve: about 50 hours, about 40 hours when the chronograph is engaging.
Hours — minutes — small seconds at 9. Chronograph minutes at 12 and chronograph hours at 6. Date at 6.
Oscillating mass: 'Côtes de Genève' engraved 'TAG Heuer — Calibre 1887 Swiss Made'.
To maintain the esthetic appeal of your watch and keep it in good working order, you should clean it regularly as follows:
More delivery information
More returns information